I am a communications professional with over 15 years of experience. I have a strong focus on strategic communications and marketing for non-profits and non-governmental organizations.
I am English/Spanish bilingual (conversational German) with experience working alongside rural families in Latin America and over 10 years working in public relations and social media in the coffee industry. Award-winning writer and photographer. Born and raised on a small family-run dairy farm in rural Wisconsin.
I recently launched my own business providing communications support to values-driven companies and NGOs. I previously served as the Media Manager for Fairtrade America, the US member of the world’s most trusted and recognized ethical certification. I also served as a board member at Food4Farmers, a non-profit organization helping coffee farming families address food security issues.
Specialties include: Strategic Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility, Feature Writing and Editing, Content Strategy and Web Development, Social Media Management, Photography, Media Relations, Graphic Design, Public Speaking, Extensive Cross-Cultural Experience
Here are some of the things we could talk about: Coffee, Cacao & Chocolate, Trade & Development, Sustainability, Fair Trade, Ethical Consumption, Cooperatives, Content Strategy, Strategic Communications, Social Media, Public Relations, Parenting.
And here are some places where I’ve worked:
- Food 4 Farmers, 2018-2020, Marketing & Communications Manager
- Fairtrade America, 2015-2019, Digital Content & Media Manager
- Fairtrade International, 2010-2015, Web Editor & Liaison Manager
- Coffee Kids, 2007-2010, Communications Manager
- Kohnke Hanneken Advertising, 2006-2007, Public Relations Account Executive
- United States Peace Corps – Guatemala, 2003-2005, Agricultural Marketing Consultant
- Cardinal Stritch University, 1999-2003, Assistant Director of Public Relations