I am a communications professional with over 15 years of experience prepared to serve. I have a strong focus on strategic communications and marketing for non-profits and non-governmental organizations.
English and Spanish bilingual (conversational German) with experience working alongside rural families in Latin America and over 10 years working in public relations and social media in the coffee industry. Award-winning writer and photographer. Born and raised on a small family-run dairy farm in rural Wisconsin.
Currently I am the as Media Manager for Fairtrade America, the US member of the world’s most trusted and recognized ethical certification. I also serve as a board member at Food4Farmers, a non-profit organization helping coffee farming families address food security issues.
Specialties include: Strategic Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility, Feature Writing and Editing, Content Strategy and Web Development, Social Media Management, Photography, Media Relations, Graphic Design, Public Speaking, Extensive Cross-Cultural Experience
Here are some of the things we could talk about: coffee, cocoa & chocolate, trade & development, fair trade, ethical consumption, cooperatives, content strategy, strategic communications, social media, public relations, parenting, pants.
And here are some places where I’ve worked:
- Fairtrade America, 2015-present, Digital Content & Media Manager
- Fairtrade International, 2010-2015, Web Editor & Liaison Manager
- Coffee Kids, 2007-2010, Communications Manager
- Kohnke Hanneken Advertising, 2006-2007, Public Relations Account Executive
- United States Peace Corps – Guatemala, 2003-2005, Agricultural Marketing Consultant
- Cardinal Stritch University, 1999-2003, Assistant Director of Public Relations