Nicaragua: January 31-February 4, 2013
Join JavaVentures on our upcoming Women’s Coffee tour to Nicaragua, hosted by Las Flores de Café en Nicaragua. We are bringing together leaders from the North America and Europe for a 7-day excursion into the heartland of coffee, into the welcoming homes and hearts of women in Northern Nicaragua.
Women are the heart of the coffee industry. Their passion and drive – not only for product quality, but also the sustainability of their environments and communities – are the secrets behind specialty coffee in Nicaragua.
JavaVentures leads tours to coffee producing communities around the world with a focus on bringing people together to encourage new conversations and ways of working that enable thriving coffee communities.
Kimberly Easson will lead this tour. She is passionate about connecting people – and enabling women to enrich their life experiences by deepening relationships with others and a developing a shared understanding of what makes us unique as women.
- Leading women/ leading cooperatives: SOPPEXCCA, PRODECOOP, CECOCAFEN
- Daily introductions – unique topic of focus each day: environment, social, certification, overcoming discrimination
- Evening debrief sessions – what is our experience?
- Women’s stories and possibilities
- Meet the men behind the women…
- Meet the young community leaders that are the future of coffee
- Children – their hope for the future
- Folkloric dance and cultural activities
- Understand the process from seed to cup
- Cupping the new harvest…
Price $1195 covers all ground expenses for a 5-day trip.